Re: Transmission Trouble - '98 Auto

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2006 - 07:07:57 EST

Zito, James A (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:
> Mike,
>
> If the computer is throwing a code for the solenoid, I think I'd start there.

I'd agree with that too Mike. The fact you said it shifts and drives of
leads me to suspect the solenod is just not starting you off in the
proper gear. Also check the band adjustments.

Do you know if it was driven on low fluid? if it was then you may be
looking at toasty transmission. Do you have a 44RH? or a 46RH? Much to
my dismay I've learned they stuck the 44RH (basically a slightly
stronger offshoot variant of the blasted A-500), behind early Gen IIIs
with 318s.

Might be a good time to upgrade in the drive train department if its
roasted.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine