Re: Hood Latch

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 20:20:18 EST

Hey, DBDoMPfIWUMOT!

<snip> Silly question here Bob but they didn't remove the hood to change the
 windshield did they? <snip>

Nothing Silly there Tom, but, No they didn't...

<snip>I don't think they would have needed to? Just the
 cowl?<snip>

Yep...just the cowl (and the wipers)

<snip>Unless they fussed with the hood - there should have been no
messing with the hood alignment.<snip>

I was in & out of the store while they were working on it, but I didn't see
any sign that they might have messed
with the hood...

<snip> Which is what it should like is wrong?<snip>

You will have to translate THAT one for me...I don't speak Wisconsin! 8-)>

<snip> If the latch and cable are good - then there's a good chance the hood
hook isn't aligned right in relation to the latch on the radiator
support.<snip>

It appears to be in alignment, but I can't figure out how the mech actually
locks around the pin on the hood...Like I said, I completely depressed the
spring loaded latch with a screwdriver & it wouldn't lock...
There doesn't appear to be any resistance on the release under the steering
wheel...maybe the cable IS broken somewhere in the engine compartment?!?!?!
My arms aren't quite long enuff to hold both ends to check & I sure can't
run as fast as I'd need to in order to watch what happens when I actuate the
release handle...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +