Re: Hood Latch

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 21:01:33 EST

DAKSY wrote:
> Hey, DBDoMPfIWUMOT!
>
> <snip> Silly question here Bob but they didn't remove the hood to change the
> windshield did they? <snip>
>
> Nothing Silly there Tom, but, No they didn't...

Ok its not that then

> <snip> Which is what it should like is wrong?<snip>
>
> You will have to translate THAT one for me...I don't speak Wisconsin! 8-)>

hmmm - I can honestly say I'm not sure what I was trying to say. I know
I was feelin out of it when I wrote the post. ... made sense when I
wrote it :-P

> It appears to be in alignment, but I can't figure out how the mech actually
> locks around the pin on the hood...Like I said, I completely depressed the
> spring loaded latch with a screwdriver & it wouldn't lock...

I'd say you just found the problem. The hood latch functions on the
same principal as a door latch. A striker being locked in by a pivoting
  "claw" clasp. Claw meaning it holds the striker from two sides. You
should be able to completly engage the latching mech. on the rad.
support with a screw driver. come in at it from the same direction as
the hood striker (sideways). If its not catching - it may need some
grease or replacement.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine