Re: Hood Latch

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2006 - 17:46:08 EST

Hey, Barry...

<snip> Are you able to latch it [fist stage] but not lock it[second
stage]?<snip>

Yep...Exactly what I have...

<snip>I had this problem too, but for different reasons. On the left and
 right front corners of your fenders there are adjustable rubber bumpers,
 about like the adjustable pads on the botttom of appliances. Try
 adjusting them as far down as possible to see if your hood will latch.
 on mine one was godawful tight, but the other was loose, so I would
 occasionally brush it and adjust it up high enough to keep the hood from
 latching. It's also possible the weatherstrip on the rear of the
hood/cowl is just buggered enough to cause the same effect - keeping the
 hood just far enough out of alignment to keep it from latching
properly.<snip>

K...Dood, I'll check it out...Unfortunately, I've already got the latch,
cable & under-dash release mech on order...Dang!
Where were ya last week? Oh, well, total cost is about $70...not gonna break
me, but it's money I may not have needed to spend...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed