Re: Re: Motorcycles At DML BBQ 07

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Dec 30 2006 - 17:34:23 EST

Ray Irons <rayirons@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

:> > I just checked and I've had that particular
:> bike for over 7 years
:> >now. (yikes, time sure does fly!)
:> >
:> >

: So how many miles do you have on the Suzi and did you
: buy it new or used? In other words exactly how many
: miles HAVE YOU put on that bike?

   I can't seem to find anything with the mileage when
I bought it, unfortunately. Based on the inspection
sticker, it looks like I put about 400mi on it this year.
That seems low, but it might be right, I dunno. I've spent
too much time trying to figure it out already so I'm not going
to worry about it. :-) Clearly, I don't ride as much as
some people, but I don't bother going out unless the weather is
great and since I hate the cold, I don't bother riding unless
its pretty warm out. I used to ride in all sorts of weather;
had my wallet chain rust up due to rain and have had to ride
down the road physically holding the exhaust pipe in my
gloved hand to keep my fingers from going stiff from the
cold, but at some point I must have realized that doing stuff
like that isn't actually fun, so what's the point? :-) I've
got other vehicles that need excersize too, so nowadays if
the weather isn't perfect, the bike stays in the garage.

--
                                          -Jon-