Re: Not a Merry Christmas

From: Eric Hufstedler (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 20:22:34 EST

> > i explained to him all the hard-work and effort i'd put into
> > the truck, and
> > he said he'd try to work with us as much as possible to avoid
> > it being declared a total loss.

> Does it really matter? You won't get more than you would if it
> was declared totaled. Even if they do that you can still fix it
> for yourself.

It can matter. There is some room when figuring out how much the
truck is worth.

When I got hit in my Valiant, the guy that came out to look at the
car turned out to be a little bit of a mopar fan. He said a lot of
the damage assessors would total it, but not to worry. It probably
helped that he knew the other person was at fault and that his
company (my insurance company) wasn't going to have to pay.

Maybe there isn't as much leeway with newer cars.

Eric