Re: Oil Filters

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 20:00:29 EST

Ray Block wrote:
> That being said, I would be interested in your opinion of the K&N
> construction. I use K&N filters on all our vehicles, each of which are
> raced all season but also see considerably different conditions during their
> daily use. I have the oil from each analyzed and Blackstone has told me
> they have seen no problems with K&N oil or air filters. All our results
> have been *extremely* positive!

For whatever it's worth, my dad uses K&N oil filters on his airplane.
They're about half the price of aviation oil filters, and his research
indicates that K&N are the *only* automotive oil filters that will
actually hold up to aviation use. (For the archives, he has an
experimental rating on his plane that allows him to do stuff he
otherwise wouldn't be able to, like using auto filters. So don't try
this at home unless you really know what you're doing.)