Re: RE: Oil FIlters

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 12:09:31 EST

   Everybody is going to have their own personal opinions and will back up
their favorites with their information.

  I've been running AC filters in my vehicles for more than 20 years,
changing my oil every 3-4000 miles and I know I have probably driven more
than 2 million miles (combined vehicles I've owned) and have never had an
oil related failure in any vehicle that I have owned. I've run Castrol GTX
5w30 for as long as I can remember.

  I buy the AC PF13 filters by the case as they fit in both my 2002 DAK and
2003 Durango with the 4.7 motor. I have 105,000+ on the 2003 Durango and
94,000 on the Dakota. Neither motors consume oil between changes.

The Durango has that over 105,000 miles on the original Goodyear RT/S
radial 245/70R16 tires that it came from the factory too. I expect to get
another 10,000 or so on the tires before I'll have to give change them
because the wear bars will show. I got 89,000 on the same Goodyear RT/S
tires on my 3 of the 2002 Dakota tires, I had to replace one due to a
sidewall cut at 45,000 and finally decided to replace the rest of them at
89,000 when I had a tread separation that beat the bed up on my way home
from Ohio. I had a friend owe me $200 in computer work so he cut me a
deal on a set of Pro-Comp AT radials for the truck so we'll see how long
they last.

Not an "expert", just someone who has confidence in what they use, and
will continue to do so.

--
  Miles D. Oliver