Re: Help! Advice [Chris Martin]

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2007 - 20:36:54 EST

On Sun, January 7, 2007 11:31 am, clmartin@ppcusd8.org wrote:

> DML List,
>
> Every vehicle I've ever owned has had its share of quirky little
> idiosyncracies and "Achilles Heels." In comparing notes with other high
> mile owners, it is amazing how systems fail at about the same # miles or
> rate. I'm not sure if this is purposeful design obselete to nickel and dime
> us or design to a set price point. I'm sure the various generations of the
> Dakota are the same from experience. What is typical??? Here are some of
> my observations, feel free to chime in on-list or contact me off-list:
>
> Generation III {1998 CabPlus 3.9L Auto 110k miles]

Mine's a 2k with 100k on it.

> 1. Ball Joints
> 2. Front Swaybar End Link problems
> 3. Air Conditioner Compressor and general AC problems
> 4. Brake Hose Recall
> 5. Headlight Switches
>
> What are your nagging experiences with these???

I've done ball joints, endlinks, swaybar bushings, 2 tensioner pullies, a
water pump, 2 transmissions, 2 heater cores, both front wheel bearings, and
an alternator.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.