Re: RE: Jeep Liberty

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 03:05:24 EST

Terrible Tom wrote:

> They dumped the diesel? Damn... thats not cool.

Thank the CARB cartel and their indiscretion between fuel types in
emission standards. NOx emissions are VERY hard to get down to gasser
levels with an oilburner's higher combustion temps.

> The Big Three have
> been fighting to get over the stigma that diesels have, ever since
> GM gave them a deservedly bad name with the 6.2.

fixed that for ya

> I guess us americans just love our rumbling V8 gas guzzlers more than we
> want economy and efficency (shrugs)

just call me "euro" then....

-Mike
'02 Jetta TDI. 44.5 MPG in 29,000 miles & 1 year
I *don't* drive for MPGs!