Re: Re: Dakota Won't Start

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 22:01:44 EST

DAKSY wrote:

> <snip> pull spark plug and and ground it put your finger in the hole if you
> have
> compreshon you finger will get blown off.......<snip>
>
> Geez...If he did THAT, then we'd have a Frodo on the DML!

Another method, which has been tested and shown to determine if
compression is good or not, is to place the truck in question in a body
of water - being sure to submerge as much of it as possible. After
bringing the truck out of the water, remove the spark plugs and crank
the engine over and watch to see if jets of water shoot out the spark
plug holes. Water jets indicate the internals of the engine are working
correctly.

This method yields the best results with a group of people standing
around within soaking range of the jets of water. Its not necessary to
have a prized big block Cuda, parked near by, however it does make the
experience complete.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine