Re: RE: Jeep Liberty

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 23:39:32 EST

droo wrote:

> Diesel might be more efficient but it's also much dirtier. Until they
> get the cleaner technologies into the cars, diesel isn't all that great
> for the enviroment. It's also not so easy to come buy if you are more
> than 1 mile from a major highway.

I don't suupose you could define "dirty" for us? No hydrocarbon
emissions since the fuel doesn't evaporate... increased power for the
same amount burned, less refinement needed too.

If I can burn a quart of diesel to go the same distance that it takes a
half gallon of gasoline, how is the diesel "dirtier"?

Just because you can occasionally see the exhaust doesn't make it worse.

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |