Daktoberfest 2006 shennanigans - Bushing info needed

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 23:25:07 EST

We'll, It's been 3 months now and I just discovered a new problem that was
caused by the trails at Jon's. My driver's side ball joints are bad. They
were replaced 63k ago with Spicer joints. I guess I'll need to do them
again.

Also, either the leaf spring bushings or the rear sway bar bushings have
gone bad. Almost every seam and non-flat manhole cover I drive over and I
hear a good clunk from the rear suspension.

I only suspect this because I had it about a year ago. Back then, I undid
the bolts for the rear sway bar outer mounts and wrapped the bolts in
electrical tape on the smooth surfaces to get a more secure fit within the
sleeves. This took care of it for a while... but I can no longer get this
to work.

Anyone know of the proper Prothane bushings to order for the rear leaf
springs amd for the rear sway bar? My truck info is in the sig.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
"It's not the meat, it's how you apply the rub"