Re: Central Illinois DML Meet/Cookout

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 22:33:32 EST

Chris Reck wrote:
   I'd like to
> hear any suggestions from those who are interested in attending to see what
> they think.
>
> #1 Memorial Day Weekend May 25th to May 27th
> #2 My Birthday Weekend August 9th to August 12th
> #3 Labor Day Weekend September 7th to September 9th
> #4 Any time in the second half of August

Right now all of those dates are do-able for me. My plans usually
change at a moments notice... and I almost never am able to plan in
advance. Best thing is for everyone else intrested in going, to chime
in, and I'll plan around whatever date is set.

Just my thoughts, but I wonder if the weather will be warm enough in
May... it could go either way. In thinking of terms of DML related
events... for planning around the BBQ and a potential Daktoberfest 07...
the best time would be late august. Your birthday weekend may be too
close to the BBQ. I wouldn't put it past things, to see a BBQ happen in
early August one of these years... The BBQ seems to manifest itself
later and later in july. (come to think of it we havn't talked about
potential dates yet, I suppose that will come about soon enough)

Labor day weekend we could do I suppose - but traffic tends to be shitty
that weekend and I'd be inclined to not want to drive that one.

> As I mentioned, this meet will be held at my house, and I promise at least
> one dinner of my homemade BBQ ribs. I'm still trying to find activities
> nearby, but so far the only uniuqe thing about Bloomington is a place called
> Upper Limits; which has indoor rock climbing inside an old soybean silo.
> Mainly this will probably just end up as a weekend party.

Doesn't matter to me man, we don't have to go haulin ass around doing
crazy stuff. I'd be happy to just get the hell out of town for a bit -
throw back some beer and brats, watch some tv and bench race.

> Once a date is decided, I'll try to get a website published to contain the
> information (maybe Jon would be nice to let me host a page on his site...).

I'm sure thats not going to be a problem at all. You are the first
person in a few years - to my knowledge - to attempt to organize a DML
meet, other than the annual BBQ's. You can can get set up with an event
profile page. I don't think you even need Jon to do anything? I think
its self serve like the DML member profiles? Not positive.

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine