Re: 2008 National DML Meet?

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2007 - 23:35:48 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:
> : Chris Reck wrote:
> :> One suggestion for an East Coast / Southeast meet was somewhere in the Smoky
> :> Mountains (between North Carolina and Tennessee). They have huge cabins
> :> that can be rented out and they sleep up to 40 people. My brother was out
> :> there for their honeymoon and there are lots of forest roads to drive
> :> through.
> :>
> : Mallett, Donald B wrote:
> : >
> : > Somewhere in the Kentucky / Tennessee area. Great hills, mountains. Just
> : > a thought.
> : >
> : >
>
> : Geez, I just got through making my case for this area, hit send and
> : receive, and here you are... maybe we are onto something...
>

> I don't know all that much about the area, but its sounding
> pretty decent to me so far. Of course, if we end up with a
> bunch of suggestions, the infrastructure for the voting pages
> and stuff that we used for the CO meet is all still in place,
> and would be easy to press into service.

Here is another twist to this Idea. It is possible we could try a
"rolling DML meet". Say, first day we all meet in town XXXX, spend a
couple of nights, and then move on down the road and spend a couple of
nights at town YYYY.. then on to ZZZZ. This solves a couple of
problems, such as, running out of stuff to do in one spot,lack of
accomidations for the entire week for the whole group, and mostly having
to pick only one spot. People arriving late could just join up wherever
we were at the time. We could have a "DML Ultimate Adventure", hitting
several sites that might not have enough to do to fill an entire week,
but are interesting all the same.