Re: Illinois Gun Laws

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 00:54:24 EST

WTF?? Where did anyone say anything about drinking? Just because I was
unable to stop a good friend of mine from driving his truck into a pond,
you have the gall to impune both my sobriety AND my common sense? Hell,
we were all sober when that happened. Personally, I haven't drank in
over 12 years, and even when I was a drinker, Beer was not my poison of
choice. More importantly, I sincerely resent even the implication that
I would allow anything unsafe to happen if the DML were to choose to
come to my range. I have been a competition shooter for 15 years now,
and am currently a NROI range officer. For 4 years now I have SPONSORED
3-gun matches at 2 separate ranges, handling every aspect of the set-up,
running and tear-down. Safety is always paramount. There are alot of
things I don't know about [like how to deal with assholes on the
internet in a calm and rational manner], but I guarantee you, if it goes
snap, crackle or pop, I am what is called a subject matter expert. I
suspect there are a few on this board that can attest to that. Anytime
you want to learn about guns and their proper usage, feel free to ask me.

[yup, you hit a nerve there...]