Non Dakota, but real close, CODE: P0303

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 02:34:31 EST

My son's 2000 neon is giving us a code P0303. I looked that up in my
2000 Dakota FSM. Show it to be no spark in #3 cylinder. I replaced the
coil pack with a known working pack and the plug wire with a good wire.
When I remove the wire on the coil side, there is arcing from the coil
to the wire conductor. Pulled the plug and it did have some black carbon
built up on it but it didn't looked fouled. I cleaned it and put it back
in. Reset the computer and still getting the code If I pull a wire off
any other plug the engine very rough. The engine lite is not always
light. Reset the computer and still getting the code.

Anyone have what would be my next step?

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2