Re: Paragon is getting evicted on Monday!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 13:19:52 EST

"Pindell, Tim P" <TPindell@otterbein.edu> wrote:
: Over at the Don Scott OSU airport we've been having some of the same
: noise issues from the neighbors. That airport has been there since 1942
: and the city has developed around it. An airport is hard to miss. I
: have a difficult time digging up much sympathy for people who buy houses
: around the 64-year-old airport and then complain about noisy aircraft.
[...]

    Yes - those people suck, big time. It happens all over
the country, to airports, drag strips, shooting ranges, etc.
These mouth-breathing dirtbags move in around these institutions
which have been there for decades, decide they don't like the
noise, and instead of moving out, they try to get the "offending
party" shut down.

    Its one thing if a drag strip or an airport gets built in
your back yard, but I've got nothing but contempt for somebody
who moves into a pre-existing situation like that and then puts
the screws to people.

    The concept of "I was here first" used to be pretty well
entrenched in most people by the time they hit kindergarten, but
I guess that's no longer the case. :-( (Heck, the notion of
"grandfathering" in law is no more complicated than that!) Sorry
for the ranting, but this stuff really strikes a nerve with me.
Probably because it lays bare the lack of personal responsibility
and general selfishness that seems to be so prevalent in society.
It seems like personal gratification is the end-all and be-all
for a large chunk of the population, with absolutely no thought
(or care) given to the consequences of their actions.

--
                                          -Jon-