Parts

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 13:50:38 EST

I've been lurking here for @ least 2 years and maybe more. Have tried
several times previously to communicate with the list to no avail, but Jon
has sent me some directions that should correct my computer illiterate
skills..

Here we go::
The engine in Q is a '95 model 360.. I've torn it apart to O'haul and maybe
do a bit of 'beefup' to it. The machine shop/parts house I'm using is one
I've been doing business with for many many years, so I'm confident in
them.. MOPARS are very expensive to work on I'm learning. I've
investigated doing a stroker kit up to 408cuin..$600.+ just for the
kit(Pistons - rods - crank - mains). Then it has to be balanced, which adds
another $125.. Nearly 2ce what it cost me just a year and a half ago to
upgrade a FOMOCO 351W to roughly the same size. Now here we go to the
parts.. Can't purchase a rod by itself from Dodge parts. Have to get the
rod/piston assy and look @ the block by the hole in Q and get #'s off it, if
any.. Seems as if MOPAR would put in o'sized pistons in the sizes of .001
.002, .003, & .004 and stamp a code on the oil pan rail adjacent to the
particular hole to ID the size. Never ran into this in my life and I've
been working on cars/trucks my whole life and I'm nearly 70 years young..Oh
Well!! Anyway I need a rod,
a lifter(I broke one - My fault) and a crankshaft, and both heads(the ones
on it are cracked between the valves on both end cyls - both headas.. I'm
not above using recycled parts, but I'd want to look @ them in person before
laying down cash.
I'm located @ Ardmore, Alabama 35739. On the Tn. Stateline - 3 miles East
of I65.
I have more Q's concerning the abilities of the injection system and
computer, but I'll save them for later..

Azie