Re: Drive free, or, what's your car payments?

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 17:28:58 EST

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 15:59:04 -0500, Terrible Tom
<SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Interesting info there - I'm a little skeptical of his "if you do this
> if you do that if if if..." line of thinking. "if's" worry me. Anyway..
> he does have a good point however. The Ram was the first set of wheels
> I bought from a dealer where I had a long term loan. I'm 2/3rds of the
> way through that loan with about 18 months left @$360 a month... which
> is actually a little more than what my monthly payment is. I've rounded
> it up to $360 to pay it off a little faster. Really blows my mind to
> think i bought that truck almost 4 blasted years ago!

I think his point was that buying a new car every five years and
constantly having a car payment is no way to increase your wealth. I payed
20k out of pocket for my truck when I bought it brand new. If I did that
every 5 years for 20 years, that's 80,000 dollars. That's a nice chunk of
change. He just offered a different scenerio of buying that would get you
a decent car, not just save you alot of money, but get a better yield from
your savings.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure