Re: 2008 Dak preview

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 23:26:28 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2007, at 21:41, Olznut@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering when they'll put a diesel in it. Imo, looks better then the
>> current, but my fav is still Gen 3.
>

> Ditto.
>
> I like the latest Ram facelift, may be my new fave over the '93
> generation but they have yet to top the first "big rig" Dakota.

well... my first impressions of the new Dak (do we call this a Gen V?)
are not negative. They are not totally positive either. First thing I
thought of when I saw it was - oooh - its more brick-ish.... me like...
then I thought... hmmm - the interior isnt much better, and its still
the low ass ride hight... of the current model... and then I became less
thrilled with it. But - I'll be at the chicago auto show a week from
tomarrow - so I'll be sure to take lots of pics with my new 1 GB digicam
card... hehe... so I'll wait on judgement until I see it in person.

As for the new Ram, since Mike brought it up... I'm having trouble
warming up to it. I do NOT like headlights raked back into the
fender... on anything... the new Nissan Z-car is a perfect example. The
swept back headlights look bug eyed and give the trucks a cartoonish
retarded look.

The current gen Ram has made me appreciate my Ram style (94-01) even
more. And its made me like the 02-04/5 models better. When they
changed it in 02... I thought it looked odd.. now it looks normal.

But then again I am a little odd... ..

(and I'm mourning the Bears - so I've had a little to drink and I'm not
thinking clearly - #$%^&*&%$#&#!@!!!)

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine