Re: 2007 DML BBQ Date?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 13:21:23 EST

   Ok... Unless I missed something, the situation as it
stands right now is that June 15-16 isn't good for DML HQ,
June 22-23 isn't good for Bob, and June 29-30 isn't good
for Don. So as far as I know, that would leave June 1-2
or 8-9. If we chose one of those dates, going by the
seasonal weather averages, that would put the high temp
in the low 70s and the low nighttime temp in the low 50s;
those are about 10 degrees less than the usual BBQ temps
that we see in July. A later June date would bump those
temps up by about 5 degrees. As far as historical rainfall
goes, the June 8-9 date would give us our best odds but
of course its really just luck of the draw no matter which
date we choose.

   I realize that we're probably not going to be able to
pick a date that works for everybody and even if we do,
somebody who we're trying to accomodate might have to drop
out anyway, but I figured if there was any chance to pick
a date that works for everybody, it'd be worth a shot.

   So with that said, what about the June 8-9 weekend? Any
known conflicts there, or can anybody think of a reason why
that particular date might not be the best choice?

--
                                          -Jon-