RE: Roller Rocker Adjustment

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 22:28:51 EST

Funny...i've adjusted valves both his way (manufacturer) and the way I was
taught (open/closed)...never had a valve stuck open on me at all. Just make
sure you don't turn more than 3/4 turn - I normally run them at 1/2 turn.

Take all the spark plugs OUT of the engine - makes it easier to turn by hand
- set the rockers down by hand (somewhat snug) - crank the engine until you
see oil coming out of all the rocker oiling holes (that means that they're
all pumped up). Now adjust away.

You're worrying too much, don't bother with the engine running (gets really
messy), 0+1/2 is fine, way too many questions, and yes...stop. ;)

- Bernd