Roller Rocker Adjustment

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 22:00:25 EST

Before I set out to install the roller rockers I've read a few instruction
sheets and articles describing the procedure. Basically...exhaust rod
starts up, zero lash the intake plus 1/2 to 3/4 turn more. Exhaust
basically the same. 1 Cylinder at a time. Then I came across this
Goggling, http://www.centuryperformance.com/valveadjustment.asp and he
states, "how many of you read or were taught that with a hydraulic lifter
cam you adjust it down to where there is pushrod resistance (zero lash) and
then turn it down 1/2 to 3/4 turn? Well, if you did this, you more than
likely have the valves not closing all the way!"

Should I worry about all this stuff?
What about knowing if the lifters have bleed out or are pumped up?
How about using the engine running method?
Am I worrying to much?
Is the zero lash + 1/2 turn method enough?
Anything special about our Magnums I should know?
Too many questions?
Stop now?

Thanks,
James