RE: Cam limits with EFI

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 09:53:34 EST

One doesn't usually choose a cam based solely upon lift and duration. The
cam specs determine the power band of the engine and must be compatible with
all the other components. It's all about the combination. Do you need
low rpm torque or high rpm horsepower? Everything's a trade off depending
how you will use the vehicle and what you're willing to put up with in the
way of noise and drivability. Whether you buy a cam from them or not,
Hughes Engines has some very good tech articles on choosing a cam and trade
offs in making more power. You may want to read them at
www.hughesengines.com

Ray