Re: Dakota days numbered?

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2007 - 10:15:44 EST

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 03:38:05 -0500, Gary Hedlin <superdak@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the question is, who will take this unwanted soul? I can't foresee
> ANY car company except maybe China (And theres no way in hell our
> government would let that go through). Chrysler really has too many
> liabilities for another automaker to acquire... especially when the
> whole industry is in troubled waters. I would bet money someone like
> Kirk Kerkorian, Warren Buffett, Eddie Lampert (guy who bought K-Mart and
> Sears), or anyone with about 9 billion to play with, to buy it and take
> it private. Taking it private would save a lot of cash by not having to
> pay out stock dividends, and that money can be used to fund their
> liabilities. Also they probably would have to shut down all of their US
> plants and move down to Mexico to save on labor costs.

Why wouldn't the government let a Chinese company buy Chrysler? Also, you
don't need to tak ea company private to get rid of the dividend payout.
Taking it private will make it easier to fix the company. The execs don't
have to worry about the everyday emotions of shareholders and can focus on
the work at hand.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure