Re: New shoes for the Dakota

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2007 - 12:36:47 EST

I had 65k on my BFG All Terrain tires. Most of my driving though was
straight line country road driving. I probably could have gotten another
5-10k out of them if it weren't for Daktoberfest and the need for proper
tread in the mud.

They're a bit noisy at highway speed, but its not as noisy as the exhaust.
The only downside is once they wear down, they start getting really slick in
the rain.

I got mine for an awesome deal from DiscountTireDirect.com. I went to their
website, and e-mailed them asking for a quote on 4 BFG All Terrain T/A KO
tires in size 32x11.5R15. They sent me back a response (with a tracking
number) stating that the price was $113 per tire.

I then called to place an order. They quoted me $134 a tire. Once I gave
them the tracking number, I insisted that they honor the lower quote. 4
days later, I had my tires!

The key is to keep the right amount of air pressure in these tires. I
generally drive at 32 PSI.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
"It's not the meat, it's how you apply the rub"