Re: Dakota days numbered?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 01:53:47 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:
: Aspen/Durango - same vehicle (waste of time for DC)
: Caliber/Compass - same vehicle (again, waste of time for DC)
[...]

   I dunno, I always thought that was a rather smart way to go.
It used to be that Plymouth was the economy line, Dodge was
the sport/power division, and Chrysler was luxury. You basically
get three cars for the price of one, and you can build them all
on the same line. Certainly less work and expense than designing
and manufacturing three different vehicles. Sure, folks buying
a Plymouth Voyager and a Chrysler Town & Country were getting the
same basic vehicle, but the T&C had a lot more creature comforts
and if some people are willing to pay more for those, that means
more profit for the company without a lot of extra work.

[...]
: Avenger - OK...c'mon DC, throw an SRT4 engine in there

  Good grief - is the Avenger still around? I thought it went
away years ago! Has it been built all along or did they
re-introduce it recently? When the Avenger first came out, I
always hoped to come across one that had some flood/fire
damage or something along those lines as that car was just
begging for a RWD conversion and a twin turbo Magnum 360
under the hood. :-) Ah well, that is now just another
foggy entry on the list of potential projects and things
which could have been, upon which I seem to fritter away
an inordinate amount of brain power. (Now that *is* a
waste of time.) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-