Re: RE: Brake bleeding advice?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 18:26:26 EST

On Feb 18, 2007, at 1:23, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> As far as pressure bleeding goes, I don't have the equipment
> to do that (nor do I have the special tool to hold the proportioning
> valve open which would be required to pressure bleed this vehicle).

Pressure bleeding was going to be my first suggestion, the other
thing that may be worth trying requires either a real Rube Goldberg
device or a flesh-and-blood friend - pump up the pedal, hold the
pressure and crack the bleeder while it's pumped up.

I've had some luck in freeing sticky bubbles this way, but it sounds
like you might have some air in the master at this point so who knows.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |