Re: RE: Brake bleeding advice?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 10:38:34 EST

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
: On Feb 18, 2007, at 1:23, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

:>
:> As far as pressure bleeding goes, I don't have the equipment
:> to do that (nor do I have the special tool to hold the proportioning
:> valve open which would be required to pressure bleed this vehicle).

: Pressure bleeding was going to be my first suggestion, the other
: thing that may be worth trying requires either a real Rube Goldberg
: device or a flesh-and-blood friend - pump up the pedal, hold the
: pressure and crack the bleeder while it's pumped up.

    Last year, I came across some web sites showing how to make
a relatively inexpensive pressure bleeder out of a standard garden
sprayer and a spare master cylinder cap. I may have to put one
of those together one of these days.

: I've had some luck in freeing sticky bubbles this way, but it sounds
: like you might have some air in the master at this point so who knows.

    I'll file that technique away in my noggin anyway; even if it
doesn't apply here it may come in useful someday. Thanks!

--
                                          -Jon-