Creeping crud, rear brakes.

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 02:24:33 EST

Last week while the truck was up on a lift getting a new 3" exhaust
system, new cat all the way back to a new shiny tip. I noticed that the
back side of the rear brakes had a greasy dirty layer of crude on them.
I haven't pulled the drums yet but thinking about this I'm leaning
towards the cylinders are leaking. At 7 years old, just about 100K
miles, would this sound about right? If that's the case, new pads and
hardware are needed. About the cylinders, 2 choices I believe are new
rebuilt ones or rebuilding the old ones. Buying rebuilt are easy. What
tools, skills and time would it take to rebuild the old ones myself?
Cost of rebuilt one vs. rebuild kits?

How do I bleed the brakes? J/K!!!!! About the bleeding part.

- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us