Re: Speed control

From: mphaney@comcast.net
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 10:29:40 EST

We had a similar problem on our Grand Caravan...

It turned out there was a vacuum canister that was cracked, but it would hold a vacuum to an extent. Usually this meant the cruise would work fine on level terrain and on very slight upgrades, but as soon as more throttle was required, there wasn't enough vacuum to pull the throttle open. In the case of the Caravan, the canister was integral with the battery tray (?!?!?). Funny story there...dealer said it wasn't under extended warranty because it was a body part. I had to get the dealer and Chrysler on the phone at the same time to convince both that it was a mechanical part and should be covered.

Hope that helps...

Mark Haney
00 CC 4x4 4.7 5-Speed 3.92 Sure-Grip

From: "Azie L. Magnusson" <maggie11@mchsi.com>