RE: RE: Valve Cover

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 18:45:11 EST

Cracked head

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Jamie Calder
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:38 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: RE: Valve Cover

LA valve covers have only 5 bolt holes.

I've used the Made4u vertical looms with no melting issues near my headers.

Ray

Mine are defiantly melting. The bottom of the ones closest to the Jet Hot
ceramic coated headers are black and one actually has a plastic drop
forming. The heat also deformed the mounting brackets to where it won't
hold the separators tightly.

This may change the topic:

What conditions will cause an engine to run hot (besides a water
flow/coolant problem)?