Re: payload, rating, and my ignorance

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 21:00:51 EST

>From what I've seen over the years; it used to be primarily the domestics
that drastically out did thier classification based on their actual
capabilities. The Gen 1 & Gen 2s could come with up to a 2600# payload.
In a time when an import that said half ton.. meant just that. 1000#
payload.. I've got the 1600# payload on my Dak.. So I try not to put more
than 2500-3000# on the back of it.
Try loading the new Toys like we've always loaded domestics ( Yes .. even
Chevy & Fords) and they may run. but you'll end up breaking things. I've
always believed in load by volume.. not by weight.. If it'll fit; that's
all that matters.
Aaron Wyse