payload, rating, and my ignorance

From: Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 14:32:00 EST

So, two questions. Does that mean, if I have to
describe my truck to a "real" truck person, that
I should say it's a half-ton truck? And, if the
payload is at least 1500 lbs, why do they call that a half-ton truck?!

The payload includes the people that can be carried in the cab, I am thinking they probably go with an estimate of about 200# per person. So a bench seat regular cab gets dropped down to 1000# in the bed, pretty quick.

Jim
Those ratings are just suggestions, like the speed limit......