RE: was: doo dum ... now Timing chain

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 09:23:53 EST

>From: "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org>
>I've never seen a chain break...but have seen them either jump timing or
>have 1" slack on each side (not good). If it jumps timing too
>much...you'll
>either have poor performance, stalling at idle, misfires, or possibly
>damaging the valvetrain.
>
>Anything more than 80-90K miles on the factory chain, replace it (and
>update
>it with the new chain tensioner).
>
>- Bernd

DOH! I've got 170k on my 318 and the only work i've done on it are plugs,
cap, rotor, wires, freeze plugs and water pump.
Guess i need to look at the timing chain. It's not making any noise though.
--Hop

Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.
  http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline