Re: Turn Signal Problem

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 12:21:59 EST

The Slakies wrote:

> I have a 2000 Dak 4.7, 5 speed and the left turn signal has just started
> flashing twice as fast as it normally does. The bulbs are still
> working. I'm guessing this might be a faulty flasher. Anyone have
> experience with this?
>
> Ron

On my '97 Dak, the left turn signal started flashing about twice as fast
a few weeks ago, and I noticed that the front left signal looked dimmer
than the right (I think it has two bulbs in it, but only one was
actually lighting up). Then a week later, it briefly returned to
normal, but then went back to fast. Then, late last week, it started
flashing normally again (and still is), and when looking at it, it
appears to be the same brightness as the right now.

I don't know if it was temperature-related (started working again around
the same time the weather warmed up a bit), or if I hit a bump, knocked
something loose, then hit another bump & knocked it back tight.

Kurt