Re: Viper fan questions

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 01:11:27 EDT

Yea it's a overkill, It's a overkill that has lasted 4 years. First
relay was a 50amp with a plastic housing that melted after a few days.
The 74amp relay was the first relay larger then 50 amps that I found on
short notice. I started to do a makeover of the engine compartment,
cleaning up the wiring, hoses and other ugly crap. Moving the relay like
you suggest just may be put on the list. Thanks!

>While I understand why you used the 74amp relay, that's total overkill.

>The Vipers use twin 50amp relays (one for high and one for low
>speed)...it's not a really complicated install and you can use the
empty
>relay sockets in your PDC.
>
>- - Bernd

- --