Re: Rear exit exhaust and slider rear window

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 19:09:21 EDT

Dan Kramarsky <dkramarsky68@yahoo.com> wrote:

: Hi DMLers,

: I have a custom exhaust in my '92 Dak Club Cab. It's currently a 'side exit'
: configuration with the exhaust tip right behind the RR wheel.

: I was told that if I switch to a 'rear exit' configuration ( like I want ) that the
: exhaust fumes might enter the cab through the rear slider window.

: If ya dont drive a truck with a rear slider -AND- rear exhaust, dont bother replying to
: this post. I need answers from people that own such a setup.

: To those that do own this setup:
: 1.) Is there any problem with exhaust fumes when slider is open and side windows up?
: 2.) " " " " " " " when slider is open and side windows down?

   I don't have a rear slider and a rear exhaust so I won't bother
replying to your original question :-) but just wanted to throw
another variable at you... I have heard that if you do much
towing, a rear exit exhaust can bounce the sound off the front
of the trailer and right at the back of your head, which could
get annoying. I don't know if there's anything to that or not,
but if this is a concern, perhaps you might want to add it to
your list of questions; to be answered only by folks who tow with
a rear exit exhaust of course. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-