Re: Rear exit exhaust and slider rear window

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 02:31:52 EDT

Dan Kramarsky wrote:
> Hi DMLers,
>

> I have a custom exhaust in my '92 Dak Club Cab. It's currently a 'side exit'
> configuration with the exhaust tip right behind the RR wheel.
>
> I was told that if I switch to a 'rear exit' configuration ( like I want ) that the
> exhaust fumes might enter the cab through the rear slider window.
>

> If ya dont drive a truck with a rear slider -AND- rear exhaust, dont bother replying to
> this post. I need answers from people that own such a setup.

Don't bother? LOL damn - I thought this list was for everyone :-P

While I don't have a truck of that configuration - I have had trucks
with exhaust that dumped under the truck (not by choice, rust seemed to
have more a say in that than I did) and I can tell you that - perhaps
you will get exhaust in with a straight back pipe - but I seriously
doubt it will push more exhaust in than a side outlet. Exhaust in the
cab is more effected by wind and speed than anything else. At motion -
you will get very little, if any at all, exhaust in the truck just
because you have airflow front to back. now if you are at idle a lot
then yeah - different exhaust configrations will have an effect - but
generally any time you have teh exhaust exit beyond the body of the
truck - it will be minimal intrusion into the cab. One would think that
having the exhaust exit at teh farthest point from the cab (the rear
bumper) would diminish the intrusion - not increase it

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine