Re: RE: Rear exit exhaust and slider rear window

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 17:15:31 EDT

I have a 96 extended cab slider rear window with a missing catalytic
converter and a flowmaster 40 series into a y pipe and duals hung
below the frame rails out the back. Before I put the y-pipe on and
took it all the way out the back I had a single dump just behind the
muffler and just in front of the rear axle. Even with just the turn
down I didn't have any problems with fumes in the cab. I rode around
with all the windows open, even the ext cab windows popped out, and
don't recall having any issues. Even now with the exhaust all the way
out the back I don't have problems.

When it is cold I can crank the dak and watch the exhaust rise up. It
is basically the same as a side exit when it rises, except it is at
the back instead of the side.

As for towing, I noticed a little bit more noise with a solid trailer
back there, but with the trailer set at the right height (not nosed
down) then the majority of the noise went under the trailer. With a
standard trailer I didn't notice any difference in sound.

WiLieR