Re: clear paint protection film

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 13:48:42 EDT

Bob Nichols wrote:

> hey guys...
>
> i just ordered a new stillen bumper cover....my truck is flawless but my
> bumper cover has some road blasting on the very bottom and i have a
> crack on the lower middle piece.
>
> has anyone used that clear paint protection film especially on a stillen
> cover? if so how'd it hold up...and how'd it form around the curves?
> any pictures?
>
> any new developments in primer / under top coat coatings to help
> chipping on a urethane cover like this/
>
> thanks
> bob
> http://obsessivecompulsivedakota.com

It was installed on our Mazda 626 when we bought it. It covers the first
8-10" of the hood. In this application it becomes noticeable because the
film creates a line across the hood. This line then collects a bit of
dirt and you have a thin black line across the hood.

I your case I would think the installer would be able to hide the edges .

The only other problem that I think you would encounter is that a large
enough impact would tear the film. on a bumper cover or lower valance
this might be a common occurrence. The tears will also get the little
black line around them making them moderately noticeable.

  This had happened to the film on the 626. The tears were there when we
bought it and I can't think what had to have hit the hood to tear the
film. It did not scratch the paint though.

Rob S.