Please tell me I'm dreaming!

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 00:14:55 EDT

Just saw this online in a local Delaware Newspaper. I
happen to keep tabs on it cause, I use to work at the
GM plant in Wilmington, close to where Dodge made the
Durango. When I read the last paragraph, I thought I
was gonna be sick!!!!! I can;t imagine Damn Near
Chrysler becoming part of Garbage Motors!!!!!

Ray

DaimlerChrysler board member opposes Chrysler breakup
Associated Press

Posted Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:09 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- A member of DaimlerChrysler
AG's supervisory board said he would oppose a deal
leading to a breakup of the Chrysler Group, the
company's troubled U.S. arm.

Helmut Lense, one of the 10 employee representatives
on DaimlerChrysler's 20-member supervisory board, told
The Detroit News that he would prefer to see a
manufacturing company, such as another automaker, take
control of Chrysler in the event of a sale, the
newspaper reported Saturday.

''We wouldn't support a solution such as a private
equity firm that would cut out choice bits,'' said
Lense, chief employee representative of a plant in
Stuttgart that builds engines, suspensions and
transmissions.

The core functions of the supervisory board include
the monitoring of executive management and the
approval of important corporate decisions.

DaimlerChrysler Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche first
floated the idea of a Chrysler sale. On Feb. 14, he
said that all options were open for the U.S.
operations and he would not rule out a sale.

But Zetsche has said that it also is possible that
Chrysler could remain part of the German company.

General Motors Corp., Canadian auto parts maker Magna
International Inc. and several private equity firms
all reportedly have looked into buying all or part of
Chrysler.