P1391 fixed it, '99 5.2

From: GMBlows GMBlows (gmblows@msn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 21:01:47 EDT

It started missfiring at first, but would clear up when warm, no codes.
This lead me to replace the cap & rotor thinking it was wet.
That didn't work, then I started noticing the tach was very erratic when it
was missing.
Well it finally threw a code, P-1391 int. loss of CMP(cam) & CKP(crank)
sync.
I finally got around to check it out, I pulled the crank position sensor and
the magnetic pickup tip was covered in metal shavings,
so I cleaned it, and filed the rust off of the tip with a points file.
That's it, it didn't cost a dime and took less than an hour.

Marc
'99 5.2 5-speed 2wd