How to make the door handles stay in place?

From: Nick (nick@lokkju.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 22:40:41 EDT

So, when I got my Dak a while ago, the door locks did not have a key,
and they were different from the ignition key, so I went a head,
pulled em, and rekeyed them.

Everything works fine on the locks, but now no matter what I try, the
door handles don't stay in place - you pull up, the whole unit moves
up, and the door does not unlatch - you have to push down on the
handle unit while pulling up on the handle itself to get the door to
open.

Any ideas on what to use to make it stay in place? Is it supposed to
be the gasket type thing that goes between the outside of the door and
the handle unit?

Thanks...