Re: Chrome Repair

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 16:33:35 EDT

T-Tom,
An alternative for you to consider, maybe...

One of my instructors at auto body school used a chrome powder coat to redo some wheels on his daily driver. They look great. Keep in mind that I haven't gotten on my hands and knees to inspect them, but at 4 feet they really look nice. I asked him if a bumper could be done, his response was "Probably, if you have a large enough oven". I plan to try it when I get to my Duster project.

He got the powder coat from Eastwood. He has a regular oven. For a bumper I was going to talk with a couple local welding shops that do powder coating. I think if I preped the bumper and provided the powder it should be a reasonable cost.

The other option might be to paint it black...
Let us know what you end up doing.

Cal & James
'99 V-6 Dak
'72 Duster - soon to be???