Re: 3.9L cylinder head work

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2007 - 18:41:15 EDT

On Sun, April 1, 2007 4:16 pm, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> I don't have any hard numbers from a before and after, but I have
> extensive head work on my 3.9L and it made a world of difference with
> the cam selection. For the stock cam though, there is no need for
> polishing work unless you plan on running either a supercharger or
> alcohol/nitro. You actually want some "tumbling" in the intake
> portion. On the exhaust side...go ahead and polish them if you want.
> Best place to actually polish the heads is in the combustion chamber -
> it control detonation (removes hot spots from high/low casting flash
> spots).

Do you have any experience with the Singh grooves?

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.