RE: 3.9L cylinder head work

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 13:57:20 EDT

If you really look at it...you'll be spending money on either one - V6 or
V8. If you really get down to the actual modifications, $3000 - if spent
wisely - will go a long way. I agree with ya on the R/T purchase...most of
the used ones that do come through here (occasionally) are either beatup,
really high mileage, or neglected.

If you stick with the V6, you can get away with $1500-$1800 and build it up
with some extra HP in the process. Then, put the rest into a trans "freshen
up" and be happy with it.

On the HP/Price issue - doesn't matter what Dodge vehicle you drive...it's
just that way. GM and Ford made it easy...Dodge is way behind the game in
the User Friendly realm for modifications (no easy or inexpensive way to
tune them with a laptop).

- Bernd