Re: Beater economics

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 10:49:53 EDT

At 10:15 AM 4/6/07, Jon wrote:
> Last year, I had the chance to buy an '87 Aries with 12,000 miles
>for $500 -

That would have been one super buy !!! Big plus in Ontario
as '87 and older are exempt from the clean air test :-)

David picked up an '87 Reliant for somewhere around $400 to 600 CDN
but had to do some work on it. I'm using it now as an "emergency" car
whenever the Fit has to go in for regular maintenance and/or recall work.
Runs really well and the 2.2L puts out very good mileage figures.

Bob