Blown belly pan gasket

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 18:29:43 EDT

Well I decided I was going to tinker with the Ram a little bit. So I
putzed with the ignition wires, took em off the plugs - put them back
on. The engine still stumbles at idle... hrrm...

I pulled the throttle body and cleaned it up. I knew it needed it and
boy did it. After 64,000 miles it and the IAC motor were pretty gummed
up. Pull the sensors and the IAC, hit it with some carb cleaner and a
toothbrush and reassemble. Nice and shiny!

When I was reinstalling it, I discovered that now all four of the
plastic tabs on the air box are broken off the back and its sucking
unfiltered air into the engine. Yippy. Plus I took the opportunity with
the TB off - to look into the manifold. Sure enough, oil pooled up at
the back of the intake manifold. Friggin belly pan gasket is out. But
I'm not surprised because we all know what these things do.

So I guess I'll be putting that M1 intake on sooner than I thought hehehe.

I'm also looking at a K+N FIPK unit. I can get one for $182.99 shipped -
plus tax. Which seems pretty good to me. I'm thinking I won't even get
the Ram out of storage this year as I have lots of work I want to do to
it. Unless I can't get Christine ready, then I'll end up taking the Ram
  to the BBQ.

We'll see.

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine